When you are pregnant, you become more conscious bout your diet and lifestyle because everything you eat gets shared with your baby, growing inside you.
When it comes to McDonald’s milkshake so it is possible that you may search for, Can you drink Mcdonalds milkshake while pregnant?
In this guide, you will know whether you can have dairy products or not while you are pregnant? And how these products affect your little growing baby.
So Let’s Get Started!
Is it Safe to have McDoland’s Milkshake while Pregnant?
When you get pregnant, you are advised to avoid foods, including raw meat, undercooked meat, raw fish, alcohol, and unpasteurized dairy products.
When it comes to dairy products, you are strictly said to avoid unpasteurized dairy products because it has some negative effects that we will discuss later.
Which Dairy Products McDonald’s Offering?
McDonald’s offers a lot of dairy shakes and desserts, including:
- Chocolate Shake
- Vanilla Shake
- Strawberry Shake
- Hot Fudge Sundae
- Hot Caramel Sundae
- Mc Flurry with Oreo
- Mc flurry with Candies
But our main concern is with taking McDonald’s Milkshake during Pregnancy. You will be happy to know that you can have McDonald’s milkshake during Pregnancy.
There is no harm to your baby that is growing inside you. But most of the time, your dietitian advises you to avoid dairy products while pregnant because taking unpasteurized milk can cause serious complications.
Why McDonald’s Milkshakes are Safe to Drink in Pregnancy?
All the dairy products of McDonald’s are safe in Pregnancy because they are made up of pasteurized milk.
Pregnant women are strictly advised to avoid dairy products made up of unpasteurized milk because when you take unpasteurized milk, you are at risk of infection and put your baby at risk.
So you can drink McDoland’s milkshake during Pregnancy fearlessly.
But the other factor is that our McDonald’s machines cleaned enough for proper hygiene during pregnancy? Because hygiene matters a lot whether you are pregnant or not.
When you are pregnant, you are highly concerned about hygiene because anything you eat affects your little one.
But McDonald’s claims that hygiene and cleanliness are our utmost priority. Because all the machines are pasteurized daily, and all the equipment that is used in making dairy desserts and shakes are clean regularly.
McDonald’s hygiene rating is four out of five which means it has high cleanliness standards.
So you can drink a chocolate shake, banana shake, strawberry shake, and pineapple shake during pregnancy fearlessly without putting your baby at any risk. So let’s discuss the benefit of these dairy menus in pregnancy.
What are the Benefits of Dairy products During Pregnancy?
The main dairy product that plays a vital role in our diet is milk. As we know, milk is a complete diet. When you are pregnant, milk is very essential for maintaining your health.
Following are the benefits of milk during pregnancy that includes incredible benefits:
- Milk provides you calcium, Vit D, and omega-3 fatty acids that keep you strong physically and mentally, followed by the healthy birth of your baby.
- Milk provides you with essential proteins for your baby’s healthy growth because your baby needs proteins to make new cells. You need milk, preferably in the second and third trimesters, because in these stages, your baby needs higher proteins in this period.
- In pregnancy, the need for calcium jumps to 1000 milligrams per day, so if you don’t want to drink milk solely, you can drink milkshakes to enhance the taste of your milk.
- Vitamin D is very important to keep your baby protected from infection and o keep bones strong, so milk is the main source of vitamin D. it also contributes to a healthy birth weight.
Cons of having McDonald’s Milkshake
It might be possible the machine’s nozzle is not properly cleaned, so there would be great chances for you to have infections, which could be harmful to your baby growing inside you.
Dangerous germs, including E. coli, Salmonella, Toxoplasma, and Listeria, may be present in the nozzle that can cause serious disease, including Listeriosis which increases the risk of miscarriage, stillbirth, or the death of the baby.
But Mcdonald’s claims about cleanliness and hygiene. So as a precaution, you can avoid drinking Mcdonald Milkshake if you are not satisfied.
Which Dairy Products are Beneficial in Pregnancy?
Dairy products are full of nutrition and are very important for the health of mother and baby, so here we will discuss some dairy products that you must add to your diet to maintain and meet the demands of your baby and your health.
As you know, calcium demand increases in pregnancy, and that depends on how you are creative to meet the demand for calcium.
Do you think milk is the only source to gain calcium? So no, you can get calcium by eating the following dairy products:
- Gruyere cheese
- Goat’s cheese
But you should be concerned about the fat content in your dairy products because they can cause high blood pressure and weight gain that is harmful to the baby.
So the safe amount of dairy products in your daily routine is also important. Following are the dairy products that you can take to make yourself and your baby healthy:
- 2 cups of cottage cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup custard or pudding
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1-ounce grated cheese
- 1 ½ cup ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Evaporated or steamed milk in cooking
But what should you do to consume enough calcium if you are lactose intolerant? So here, we have mentioned the products other than dairy products you can consume to meet the calcium demands. It is quite difficult to take enough calcium for the health and growth of your baby, but it is not impossible at all.
- You can consume almond milk, soya milk, or lactose-free milk to get enough calcium for your baby and your better health.
- You can take some supplements because they help you digest lactose. You can consume dairy products without being worried about discomfort, bloating, and other problems related to lactose intolerance.
- Almonds, cheese, and yogurt will also help you get complete nutrients.
- In vegetables and fruits, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, lettuce, berries, carrots, figs, and kiwi will also prove beneficial for your and your baby health.
- After our doctor’s recommendation, you can also take calcium supplements to meet the daily calcium demand.
Most of the women are very conscious before intaking everything because everything they will consume would affect their little baby, so here the question is can you drink McDonald’s milkshake while pregnant?
So yes, you can drink McDonald’s milkshake without being worried because the milk and cream they use are properly pasteurized.
And the machines they use are pasteurized every day, so there are very few chances of negative side-effects on your and your baby’s health.
In this guide, you will know if McDonald’s milkshake is safe to drink when you are pregnant? What is the rating of hygiene and cleanliness of McDonald’s?
What are the benefits of drinking milkshakes while pregnant and the cons of drinking McDonald’s milkshakes while pregnant?