For the past few years, more coffee shop chains have started imparting oat milk with their beverages. For instance, in August 2020, Dunkin’ announced an exclusive partnership with Planet Oat.
Likewise, until March 2020, the gigantic Oatly, the Swedish original oat drink company, promoted a new Oat Milk Drink and a partnership with Starbucks.
Just recently, Starbucks launched its new particular spring drink line on March 1, 2021. This so-called drink is entitled “Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso”. With this new recipe released into the market, it instantly conquered the newsfeeds of almost every social media platform.
First off, it’s been a long time since Starbucks added oat milk as the main ingredient to its drinks. Therefore, it was an exciting moment for all Starbuck loyal customers to experience this reinvention.
Talking about the price, the grande cup would cost around $5.95 per serving. For sure, this could be a great deal compared to other Starbucks drinks.
What Is Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso?
Starbucks explained that Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso is made from the Starbucks Blonde espresso mixed with brown sugar and cinnamon.
All the ingredients are shaken together and then topped with the oat milk and ice. Well, the recipe for this drink may sound pretty simple and easy. Nonetheless, the taste is supremely appetizing.
4 Undeniable Reasons You Should You Try This Drink Right Now
- It is a drink that does not contain dairy products or animal-cruel ingredients. So, it is perfectly fine for all lactose-intolerance and vegan mates to consume it without concern.
- If you want to replicate this drink at home, you don’t even need any fancy and expensive equipment to shake all the ingredients together. All you need is your hands to make that drink happen!
- You can increase or decrease the sweetness of the homemade Starbucks version by yourself, using all the ingredients as little or as much as you desire. The creativity is yours.
- This drink is a dream come true for all oat milk lovers.
How To Make Homemade Starbuck Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
This Oatmilk Shaken Coffee contains only several ingredients that you can definitely find in your kitchens, such as Espresso, brown sugar syrup, oat milk, and ice. In short, this drink is completely impeccable to cool off your hot summer days.
The Main Ingredients You Need For This Drink:
- A quarter cup of oat milk
- Two espresso shots
- 3 tablespoons of brown syrup
- Half cup of brown sugar
- Half a cup of water
- A quarter of a teaspoon of cinnamon
- Lots of Ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (optional)
Follow These Instructions Step-By-Step:
- First of all, combine water, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a saucepan.
- Next, add cinnamon to enhance your brown sugar syrup flavor. Then, stir the mixture well and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- After that, remove the heat. And after cooling, place the syrup into a sealed container and let it chill inside the refrigerator for some time.
- Make two espresso shots
- Add ice into a glass or mason jar
- Add three tablespoons of brown sugar syrup to the ice container and pour over the espresso shots into it.
- Cover the container tightly and shake it for around half a minute until it becomes slightly foamy.
- Add more ice if you prefer.
- Add some oat milk with the garnish of dusty cinnamon, and top it with some ground cinnamon as well.
Some Important Points To Keep In Mind:
- You can use darker brown sugar as an alternative for a more robust and flavorful brown sugar syrup.
- Vanilla extract is used to enhance the flavor. However, if you don’t have it, you can ignore it. You will still get a delicious drink.
- What if you don’t own an espresso machine? You can still make this drink by using instant coffee. Usually, instant coffee in one teaspoon is suitable to use with a quarter cup of water. Otherwise, use instant coffee with cold water to create the Espresso that you need.
You Can Also Try These Smart Advice:
- You should combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in hot water. If brown sugar isn’t fully dissolved, you need to microwave the mixture for half a minute to get a seamless texture.
- You can also use two tablespoons of syrup if you want a sweeter drink. Plus, for a sweeter beverage, you may add four tablespoons of brown sugar syrup too.
- The recipe that you learn above will make you a tall cup of Starbucks only. So, if you favor a large cup, add three Espresso shots, four teaspoons of brown sugar syrup, and one-third cup of oat milk.
The Nutrition Information You Should Be Aware of:
Despite the fantastic flavor, you should never forget about the nutrition information from this Starbucks Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken. This acknowledgment will help prevent the guilty pleasure of your sugar intake and ineffective weight management, especially if you are on a diet.
The amount of each serving contains total calories of 392 with Carbohydrates: 101g, Sodium: 75mg, Sugar: 72g, Fiber: 2g Protein: 1g, and Total Fat: 1g.
However, please note that the nutrition information provided here is an approximation. The figure may differ based on the varying amount of ingredients or brand substitutions that you use to make this drink.
How To Select The Best Ingredients To Make Homemade Starbucks
Oatmilk Shaken Espresso?
Oat milk from the Oatly is good. However, you don’t need to restrict yourself to this milk brand only. The choice is limitless at the convenience store. Some popular oat milk brands will do the work for you well.
The ice from the modern triple filter of ice-cube machines is great; yet, not everyone can afford this filter. Hence, you could avoid the chlorine flavor from iced tap water by using the normal filtered water that you own or just boil the tap water for around 10 minutes or left in a container overnight.
Starbucks Blonde Espresso is an excellent choice for espresso shots. It tastes genuine. But, don’t worry if you already own an espresso machine with some ground coffee at home that you like; just make some espresso shots out of it.
Brown sugar syrup
You cannot get your hands on the unique Starbucks brown sugar syrup as easily as you think. However, that’s not the problem. It is not a scientific experiment to make your brown sugar syrup. What you need are just water, brown sugar, a pinch of cinnamon, and a few drops of vanilla extract if you have one.
Here Are The Most Practical Ways You Can Make Brown Sugar Syrup At Home
Making brown sugar syrup is super stress-free. Also, you can store it in the freezer for up to a year if you do it correctly. This is how to make it:
- For a better recipe, you should use dark brown sugar as it has a higher level of molasses as gives a stronger flavor.
- Mix water, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract into a saucepan
- Stir the mixture occasionally until the brown sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the heat. After cooling, transfer the syrup into a sealed container and keep it inside the freezer.
Believe it or not, you’ll get a recipe that tastes as abundant as Starbucks. To make things less complicated, you can use any brown sugar syrup from your favorite supermarket too.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso
How Does It Taste Like? Is It So Sweet?
Let says this, Starbucks drinks tend to be sweet in general. However, many drinkers said this Oatmilk Shaken Espresso wasn’t deadly sweet at all.
Meanwhile, the Espresso blends so well with cinnamon, brown sugar syrup, and the creamy texture of oat milk, creating a decent drink for most Starbucks lovers.
Can I Use Instant coffee If I Don’t Own An Espresso Machine?
Of course, you can do it. However, the hard truth is instant coffee might not taste authentic as the freshly brewed Espresso. Just dissolve one-third cup of instant coffee with some cold water; Voilà that’s your Espresso. No matter what, you should use good instant coffee only.
Is Blond Espresso Stronger Than Normal Espresso?
No, absolutely not. Blonde Espresso is roasted for less time. In addition, it has a milder flavor than medium or dark roast coffees. So, if you are looking for the best milk flavor, you can choose a Starbucks blonde roast or light roast coffee. Starbucks has those items for sale too.
How Many Shots Are Needed In A Cup of This Shaken Espresso?
Starbucks tall cups require a double shot of Espresso. Grande needs three shots, and Venti does 4. If you plan to make a Starbucks replica, you can try it with one shot of Espresso first. But, if you are a real espresso enthusiast, you can indeed replace one with double or triple espresso shots as you wish.
What Do People Say about Starbucks Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso?
The pandemic didn’t stop customers from getting some Starbucks goodies. A surprising recipe dropped by Starbucks this year left many customers with a big thumbs up.
Many customers would rate is drink a 5/5 star for the delicious taste and whimsical coffee experience from Starbucks, making them aim to try it again and again. Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso was a new favorite of many Oat milk drinkers.