Social distancing is problematic for us to cope with. It isn’t easy to go to other places, even to the library, playtime, stores, and coffee. We miss our routine. Anyway, this opportunity has allowed many people to quickly develop the new recipe of Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew from home.
With the below copycat recipe, it is easy; simultaneously, the ingredient is also convenient to find near your corner. And we hope you like it as much as we do!
What You Will Like From This Starbucks Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew Recipe?
- Save a bunch of money from mobile ordering from delivery companies or driving thru while you can enjoy the natural taste made from your kitchen. Such a great copycat recipe!
- It is vegan friendly, which is ideal for a diet or vegan diet. You can use the vegan cream whenever you make cold foam. However, it would have less foam, so that it is hard for you to separate it once the cold foam is added to coffee. But still, the taste is excellent!
- Now it is safe to not go out or leave home during this pandemic. With the current situation, it is necessary to stay at home. So, you can enjoy the beloved drink from home.
- Impress your friend with your homemade Starbuck drink. You can invite your friend to enjoy brunch and make them this beverage. They would love it since they can enjoy the Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew for free without going to the coffee shop.
● By combining the cold brew coffee with caramel syrup, you would enjoy the Starbuck caramel flavour.
● Cold-brew beverages are known as the most caffeinated drink at Starbucks. This is because it has more caffeine than iced Americano or regular iced coffee.
● With the topping, the drink comes with a soft layer of cream of vanilla cold foam and salt sprinkles to make it yummy!
● If you would like to get additional caramel from Starbuck, they would be happy to add more drizzle of caramel sauce or add more syrup inside the cup.
● To make the taste even better, the barista brews the coffee about 20h at room temperature while earning large batches of the cold brew every day.
● This drink can be used as a nitro cold brew. Also, it is velvety smooth, so it is okay not to add ice.
What Do I Need To Make Starbucks Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew?
Below is the list of ingredients that Starbuck baristas typically use to make a cup of delicious salted caramel cream cold brew. They include Caramel Syrup, Purified Cold Water, Cold-Brew Concentrate, Half and Half, Delicious Vanilla Cream (sweet), a Sprinkle of Salt, and Ice.
● Caramel Syrup: It is okay if you purchase the caramel syrup from the store or even make it yourself. Syrups are generally convenient to produce, but caramel syrup is very tricky and painful. The reason is that you need to spend a lot of time caramelizing the sugar. Therefore, people usually use the store-bought one from Starbuck since it is more convenient to stir into this cold drink.
● Cold Brew Coffee: You would need to have a cold brew coffee with standard strength with this tasty drink. To get this, the user can mix the purified cold water with the cold brew concentrate. Or, to make it easier, a ready-to-drink bottle of cold brew from Starbuck is a great choice as well. Just put a jug bag into the water, then store it in the fridge for around 20 to 24 hours.
● Half And Half: It refers to half milk and half cream.
● Vanilla Sweet Cream: Making a delicious vanilla sweet cream batch would be a quick way to make this kind of beverage, and it is an extra tip!
● Salt Topping: You can pick some sea salt to top this drink as the final ingredients. Anyway, it is used for cold foam only.
● Ice: It is recommended to use ice made with filtered water so that your drinks would be not only crisp but also flavorful.
How Can I Make Starbucks Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew?
In general, it takes 2 minutes for preparation and 20 minutes for cooking time, so in total, you would take 22 minutes for this delicious drink.
So first of all, add two teaspoons of caramel syrup into the cup’s bottom. After that, the user can pour ⅔ cup of cold brew concentrate and ⅓ cup of water over it. Also, to fill this cup of drink, pour ½ cup with an ice cube.
Next, on top of this drink, add the cold foam with a pinch of sea salt as the topping. If you use vegan milk or cream instead of layering, it will blend in well together. But the taste is still delicious. Stir before drinking. Enjoy!
– ½ cup of water
– ½ cup of sugar
Cold Brew Concentrate
– 4 cups of water
– ½ cup of coffee ground
– ½ cup of ice
– Two cups vegan cream or half and a half (half milk and half cream; you can substitute the milk, but the foam will not remain for long)
– Pinch salt
Step 1: Prepare The Cold Brew
As mentioned above, you can purchase it from the store or do it on your own. So here are the instructions for making the cold brew from home.
- Before a night, you can combine the cold, filter water with coffee grounds, and let them sleep overnight.
- After 16 hours or the following day, the concentration is filtered out. Then, you can place it in the refrigerator for 30 days.
Step 2: Prepare The Caramel Syrup
If you have a regular-sized Starbucks caramel syrup bottle, pour two pumps into the cup. On the other hand, you can use four pumps if the bottle has a shorter (half-dose) pump. If you would like to challenge and do it on your own, we also prepare the instructions for you as follows.
- You can put the sugar in a medium-sized saucepan and cook it over medium-low to moderate heat. Please be patient, and sugar is easy to burn! If you want to get a daily thin sugar layer over the pan; thus, using one wide is already enough.
- It would take around 5 to 10 minutes to allow the crystals to dissolve to get the golden brown. Especially, stir the sugar or shake the pan so that it does not burn conveniently.
- Once it completely dissolves, add water. But if it has clumps of foam, no worry about that! When the water is added, it will dissolve. Anyway, it will spatter sometimes, so you should keep your children away from the stove in this process.
- When the water heats the pain, you can keep stirring the clumps that have developed until they break down. It generally takes around 20 minutes. On the other hand, it would vary depending on the pan’s size and how well the clumps break down.
- You have to be patient to get it dissolved. So, once it did, please remove it from the heat and store it in an airtight container. You can place it in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Step 3: Make The Cold Foam With Salted Cream
- With a mixer, either stand, hand mixer, or the whisk attachment on an immersion blender, you can whip the salt and cream together until the foam is formed thickly. In another case, if you use vegan milk or vegan cream, don’t be surprised when you see the foam is not included or is pretty liquid. But it would still taste great!
- To make it fresh, you can whip up what you need to drink on that day. So just use ¼ cup of the cream for every serving, and sparkle the sea salt on it as the topping.
Making a batch of tasty vanilla cream would be another tip to make the chilly foam with salted cream faster. All you need are vanilla syrup, heavy cream, and 2% milk. Then, combine them.
How About Nutrition?
Well, we also offer you the nutrition of this one glass of drink as below here.
– Calcium: 67mg
– Protein: 2g
– Cholesterol: 22mg
– Fat: 7g
– Sugar: 13g
– Calories: 127 kcal
– Potassium: 79 mg
– Vitamin C: 1mg
– Carbohydrates: 15g
– Vitamin A: 214 IU
– Saturated Fat: 4g
– Sodium 32mg
– Iron: 1mg
Some Queries You Might Have:
Most of the time, you might wonder how different are iced coffee and cold brew coffee?
People use hot coffee to make an iced coffee, then let it cool down; however, with the cold brew coffee, we use cold water instead.
Regarding caffeine, do these two drinks have a similar quantity or not?
Typically, iced coffee has less caffeine than cold brew one.
Instead of using cold brew coffee, can I use hot brewed to this Starbucks Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew?
Yes, you can, but the taste is different. So, you can make it strong with a hot brewed one. Then, after that, cool it in the fridge.
With the quick and easy recipe, it would take a few minutes to make. This cup is sweet with caramel with a cream foam as the topping and a touch of sea salt. Yummy! Hopefully, this copycat recipe would help you make Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew from home easily to save butches dollars from the Starbuck coffee shop.