Every single mother in this world is conscious of the baby’s health growing inside her womb. If you are in love with McDonald’s food, you must be looking. Can you eat McDonald’s when pregnant? It depends on the food you order because there are a lot of items on McDonald’s menu. In this guide, you will know if it is safe to eat McDonald’s while pregnant? And which McDonald’s food items you can prefer to eat and the pros and cons of McDonald’s when pregnant.
Is It Safe to Eat McDonald’s When Pregnant?
Everything the mother eats is shared with the baby, so the mother’s diet plan significantly affects the baby, so there is a need for great concern about what the mother eats. When it comes to Mcdonald’s, there are a lot of items that are quite safe because of the ingredients they use.
Because McDonald’s claims that hygiene and cleanliness are their utmost priority, there are pressurized, and fresh food is also available. While ordering, you must make sure that you order the new food because processed food is not good in Pregnancy.
Junk food is not good because of the high amount of fats, calories, and sugars, and these ingredients should be avoided when you are pregnant, so you should not go for junk food when ordering from McDonald’s. So try your best to keep junk food consumption as low as possible.
Sometimes, it is not simply cravings, but junk food is the only option to control nausea. So here I have discussed the item of McDonald’s that is safe to eat n pregnancy, which should be avoided while pregnant.
So let’s start!
What should You Prefer for Breakfast?
When it comes to Mcdonald’s, you find a great variety for breakfast, but here we will mention the items you should go for in Pregnancy or avoid in Pregnancy.
- You should prefer Mc Muffins, griddles, biscuits bagels in Pregnancy. Ensure the egg is completely cooked because that is very important for your baby’s health.
- In breakfast, make sure the meat is freshly and completely cooked if you go for meat. Because only the refreshed warm meat is not safe in Pregnancy, fresh and hot meat is good for you and safe.
- If you like hotcakes, pancakes, or other kinds of cakes, you simply can go for them because they are completely safe to eat. But if you have diabetes, so first consult with your doctor.
- You can also eat muffins, donuts, or other sweet items, but again it contains high contents of fat and sugar that are not safe for you. But you can consume a small quantity if you don’t have diabetes issues.
- The cheese is the source of nutrients, including calcium, so it is a good option for you, but it contains fats and calories, so your common sense will compel you to eat cheese in a small quantity
- Oatmeal is the best option in Pregnancy because it is full of fibers that make your digestive system healthy. Additionally, the milk at McDonald’s is pasteurized, so you can eat oatmeal without worrying about lastersis infection is caused by unpasteurized milk consumption. Avoid additional fruit topping as a precaution.
- If you want a healthy breakfast, you can also order pre-cut fruits then make sure the fruits are fresh because, during processing, there are chances of contamination with listeria.
- So while ordering yogurt, try to avoid fruits to make it safer for yourself.
- Hash browns are also safe to eat but sparingly because they contain fats and salt to avoid Pregnancy.
Can You Eat McDonald’s Burgers, Fries, and Sandwiches in Pregnancy?
When it comes to McDonald the Hamburger, cheeseburger, double and triple cheeseburgers are the most famous ones. But when we talk about the safest one in Pregnancy, the hamburger is the one that has low calories and is safe in Pregnancy.
But make sure the burger is freshly prepared and avoid the lettuce in burgers and sandwiches because there is a chance that they can use pre-prepared slices of lettuce that may be contaminated with listeria.
Austrian Sandwiches, big Macs, and chicken sandwiches are safe because they don’t contain any prohibited ingredients in Pregnancy. You are only concerned about the amount of cheese, mayonnaise, and other fat-containing ingredients you added to your burger or sandwich, so try to keep your burger and sandwich simple and in low calories.
Additionally, you can also go for McDonald’s chicken nuggets but make sure they are freshly prepared and completely cooked because fresh meat is very important to protect the mother and fetus from various infections and complications. You can also eat sauces because all the added ingredients are pasteurized, including mayonnaise, cheese, and milk.
You can also eat fries when you want because they are safe but avoid salt on them because salt can interfere with your blood pressure and be dangerous for your health.
Can You have Milkshakes, McFlurries, and Icecream in Pregnancy?
When it comes to desserts, Flurries, Icecreams, and milkshakes, everyone loves to have these. But when it comes to a pregnant woman, our main concern is about the milk and other milk-based products used in these foods. So, fortunately, you can have a milkshake, ice cream, and desserts of your choice at any time because the milk and cream used are pasteurized, so there are no risky ingredients in the desserts flurries, sundae, milkshakes, and icecreams.
But when it comes to the machines and other equipment used in making the items mentioned above, there are chances of contamination with listeria because, in cold weather and different favorable environment, the devices can easily get contaminated with listeria as the safe side you may avoid these products.
Which Things Should You Avoid at McDonald’s in Pregnancy?
We have mentioned the food you can eat at McDonald’s during your pregnancy period, but there are some items that you should not order during the Pregnancy. These things include fruits and vegetables. It may sound weird, but it is true.
How could the healthiest food, fruits, and vegetables be dangerous for your and your baby’s health? The fruits and vegetables at Mcdonald’s or other restaurants may be contaminated with listeria, the bacteria that grow in water even under refrigerated conditions. If you get affected by this bacteria, you will ultimately transfer this bacteria to your baby, and as a result, you can go through miscarriage or the fetus’s death.
So for the safe side, you should avoid vegetable salad and fruits at McDonald’s and your home or any other place. Make sure you wash the vegetables or fruits with your own hands to protect yourself and your baby from any kind of risk.
In short, if you are wondering about know Can You Eat McDonald’s When Pregnant? So MacDonald is safe in Pregnancy because all the ingredients used in the recipes are Pregnancy safe, so you can easily eat them fearlessly. All the food items are fresh, and all the ingredients that must be pasteurized in Pregnancy are pasteurized. In this guide, you will know what things you can eat and what you should avoid at McDonald’s during Pregnancy.