McDonald’s allows cash, cheques, visa, and master cards as a payment method, but If you are an Apple user, you must be looking to do McDonald’s take Apple pay.
This guide will teach you how to use Apple pay at McDonald’s. And what are the advantages and disadvantages of using it?
Does MacDonald Accept Apple Pay?
You can use your Visa cards, MasterCard’s, and American Express registered to pay, but what if you want to pay through your iPhone and don’t have another option?
At this time, do you think that McDonald’s will Take Apple Pay?
So here we are to solve your query and let you know the complete guide regarding this.
Yes! You can use your iPhone to pay for your order. First, your payment card must be registered to your apple wallet. Then, apple pay will automatically appear as an option to the payment method in the McDonald’s app. If you are unfamiliar with Apple wallet, don’t worry; we will give brief information about it.
What is Apple Wallet and How Can You Add Your Cards to It?
Being an iPhone user, it is very important to know everything about Apple wallet if you want to pay through your Apple pay. Apple Wallet is an app on your iPhone mobile or watch that you can use to store your money digitally.
You can keep your movie tickets, coupons, reward cards, students’ cards, and especially debit cards and credit cards in your Apple Wallet and use them via Apple Pay.
But how can you add your reward and cards to your Apple wallet? Here I have mentioned the step-by-step guide to giving complete information about adding your cards, passes, or rewards to your Apple Wallet.
- Open the app that is compatible with Apple Wallet.
- Go to your Payment or Add Card tab.
- There will be the option “Add to Apple Wallet” click on it.
- Check the app again to ensure your card has been successfully added.
You can also add your card or reward using the Apple Wallet app. Here we have mentioned the steps below.
- Open the Apple Wallet and scroll down.
- Find the Edit Passes option and press the enter key.
- Now you can choose either Scan code or Find Apps for Wallet.
- In the case of the Scan Code option, the camera will open, and you have to scan the QR code.
- If you go for the Apps enabled with Apple wallet, there will be a list of apps in the App store compatible with Apple Wallet.
How to Use Apple Wallet to Make Payments?
The Apple wallet is very simple because you only need to open the app and select the card, pass, or app you want to use. Then there is only a need to hold your Apple device near the card reader or scanner that confirms the payments.
How To Use Apple Pay at McDonald’s?
The Apple Wallet app is pre-installed on your Apple device. You don’t need to install or download it. When you have loaded your credit or debit card to your Apple Wallet, you can easily make complete transactions at retailers across the US without using your Plastic cards.
You can leave your credit cards at home and make a transaction using the credit loaded on your cards.
Not all McDonald’s restaurants have this technology facility, but you can use it absolutely where it is available. Once you have registered your card, you only need to follow the below steps to make payments at McDonald’s.
- Open the Apple Wallet app on your iPhone or Apple watch.
- Here is the list of all the debit or credit cards available.
- Go to the register or counter with a payment system to make payments using your Apple Wallet.
- Go to the menu and select the food that you want to buy.
- To make a payment click on the checkout and close your phone or another apple device to the terminal; your Apple Wallet will automatically start communicating with that machine.
- If you have added more than one credit or debit card, organize the preferred card you want to pay.
- You will have to take a number present on the right side of the machine.
After some time, you will get your food, confirming that you can easily make payments using Apple Wallet at MacDonald’s. So don’t worry if you forget your credit or debit card at home or don’t have green money.
You can use Apple pay at McDonald’s to have food in this situation.
Is Using Apple Pay at McDonald’s a Disaster?
Workers don’t know how to take Apple Pay when they want to make payments using Apple Pay because they don’t even know how it works. It causes a delay in order, and it turns into a disaster.
So if the retailer has not trained its staff to take Apple pay, you can use the steps listed above to make Apple payments.
Following are the pros of using Apple wallet:
- If you forget your green cash at home without worrying, you can buy food using Apple pay.
- If you forget to bring your credit or debit card with you so in this situation, you can use your iPhone device to make transactions.
- There is no need to keep the plastic card with you all the time. If you have added your cards to your apple wallet, you can make payments with your Apple devices, including iPhones, watches, or other Apple gadgets.
- If the person at the counter doesn’t know how o use it, you can also use the machine to make your transaction easily because the whole process is quite easy.
- This payment method protects your credit or debit card information from being stolen.
Following are the cons that you can face while making payments:
- Sometimes the worker of McDonald’s don’t know how to take Apple Pay, and in this situation, you get in trouble.
- Sometimes, the order is delayed during the Apple pay processing, creating inconvenience for the customer.
- The customer has to pay for the food he has not received due to the cashier’s negligence. But there is a possibility that the issue will be resolved later.
- You cannot place orders online if you want to make Apple pay.
- The retailer must have an iPhone device or NFC terminal to take Apple pay.
In short, if you are not comfortable making payments via cash, cheque, visa card, master card, credit card, or debit card and are searching, Does McDonald’s Take Apple Pay?
So yes, you can make payments using your iPhone device. Here you will know the complete guide about adding your card or reward to your Apple wallet and using it to make payments at McDonald’s.
You will also learn the advantages of using the Apple wallet at McDonald’s and what difficulties you can face during the payment process.