Planning of working at the world’s second-largest food chain? Indeed, it’s like a dream come true if you get hired by McDonald’s. McDonald’s has existed for more than half a century, and they’re serving around 68 million people every day across their restaurants in different parts of the world. Working at such a prestigious company is great for your personal growth and development. However, one concern inherent in every job opportunity is the remuneration.
The same goes for McDonald’s if you are starting your job there or still at the planning stage. However, as a person just starting a job at a new place, your concerns about payment policy, remuneration, and benefits at McDonald’s totally make sense.
McDonald’s is an equal opportunity employer, and their claim of serving billions applies to their own employees and stakeholders too. All stakeholders(direct or indirect) are treated as a part of McDonald’s community across the supply chain. It’s one of the reasons why McDonald’s has won several recognitions for diversity and inclusion.
There is no single payment policy at McDonald’s. It varies to which department you’re working in, your working hours, qualification, job description, etc. This article is all about exploring the pay policy of McDonald’s and also find to the most asked questions.
You will find answers to the following questions:
- Do McDonald’s pay weekly or monthly?
- When Do You Get Paid As A McDonald’s Employee?
- Does McDonald’s Hold Pay Of Employees?
- How Much Can You Make At McDonald’s Per Week?
McDonald’s As An Employer
McDonald’s has not only established itself as a brand of people who love food. The company has also invested in harvesting a culture of inclusivity, support, flexibility, team building, and responsibility sharing at the workplace.
Regardless of which country McDonald’s is operating in, you will find a healthy culture for the employees. The company has positioned itself as an equal opportunity employer in all parts of the world. A survey at McDonald’s USA revealed that 73% of employees are happy with their job. And it’s higher than the average satisfaction at other companies in the USA.
McDonald’s has won several recognitions and awards for diversity, inclusion, a safe workplace for women, and equal opportunity. The following stats about McDonald’s culture are worth mentioning:
- Around 85% of employees at McDonald’s are satisfied due to the job’s flexibility.
- Every 9 out of 10 business managers working at McDonald’s started as crew members.
- The company invest around 40 million pounds every year to train their employees
- Every one out of three executive teams started the career from the restaurant level
Anyone would dream of becoming a part of McDonald’s for all these reasons.
Do McDonald’s Pay Monthly Or Weekly?
There is not a single method of compensating the employees at McDonald’s. How you get paid depends on where you are working, your job position, and your department. Since most of the outlets and stores of McDonald’s are franchises, the employees generally do not get paid every week. However, the general methods used for paying the employees are:
- Weekly Basis
Which Employees Get Paid On Weekly Basis?
Most of the workers and employees at the corporate stores and outlets of McDonald’s are likely to be paid every week. Every Tuesday, they get their salary based on the total number of hours worked during the week.
Which Employees Get Paid On Monthly Basis?
The employees of McDonald’s working in the management of outlets or back-office usually get paid on a monthly basis. These employees generally include managers at stores and people working in the corporate offices of McDonald’s.
Which Employees Get Paid Fortnightly?
Hourly workers are paid every two weeks or three weeks by counting the hours worked and compensating accordingly.
Average Pay At McDonald’s Other Benefits
It’s hard to disclose the average salary per hour or per month. However, we can give estimates about the famous job positions at McDonald’s stores.
- Chef/Cook at McDonald’s get $9.01 per hour
- Area/Regional Manager at McDonald’s get a monthly salary, and annual package is around $64,736
- Shift Managers at McDonald’s are compensated at an hourly rate of $12.03
- General Manager at McDonald’s get $15.49 per hour
- Food Attendants are compensated at an hourly rate of $9.94
- Team Trainers at McDonald’s get $9.28 per hour
- Crew Members at McDonald’s get $9.68 per hour
Pay Policy At McDonald’s
Pay Policy at McDonald’s is employee-oriented, and it covers regular salary, benefits, and perks for the employees. The company divides the pay and benefits given to McDonald’s employees(corporate, outlet, regional) into four parts:
Pay and Rewards
The pay and rewards program of McDonald’s is based on the pay for performance theory. The More work you do and the more quality work you do, the higher your compensation. Pay and Rewards program covers the financial compensation of employees, and it includes:
- Basic Pay or Base Pay is decided with the employer based on your working location, job description, and work timings. It’s competitive to marketing as we have already shared some famous job roles at McDonald’s and their hourly compensation.
- Incentive Pay is an initiative to allow employees to earn by exceeding their performance and goals. The target Incentive Plan(TIP) binds the employee’s performance with additional compensation. You can earn the incentive pay by working harder.
- Long Term incentives are for eligible employees to recognize their performance and struggle to impact McDonald’s long-term value creation.
- Recognition Programs are to appreciate and reward the strong performers at the corporate level or regional level. Top 1% of individual performers are also given Presidents’ Awards, and similar rewards and recognitions are for other performers.
- Company Car Program offers the car to eligible employees for personal and business use. Employees are given the freedom to choose their vehicle depending on their role in the company. Insurance, maintenance, and repairs of the vehicle are on the company’s expenses.
Medical And Health
- Medical Benefits include support for the employee and his family’s health. They offer several medical benefits and programs to support you in case of any financial hardship after illness, injury, or death.
- Dental Benefits include a comprehensive dental plan, and benefits are also in place to facilitate the employees.
- Vision Health is also supported and covered with McDonald’s plans and benefits. They cover you from the cost of eye examination to getting the aiding material.
- Life Insurance is something many people ignore. However, McDonald’s provides their employees with accidental death, dependent life, basic life, dismemberment, and business accident insurance.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Travel and Business Travel Accident Insurance
Investing In Future
McDonald’s emphasizes the present and future financial needs of the employees and offer savings and money management solutions and programs like:
- MCDirect Shares
- Profit-Sharing and Savings Plan
- Financial Planning Services
- Credit Union
Balance Between Work and Personal Life
As a McDonald’s employee, you don’t have to worry about achieving a balance between your work life and your personal life. The exciting programs offered by McDonald’s are enough for the employees to achieve and maintain the right balance for their personal growth, career growth, and personal life.
You are entitled to the following benefits by working with McDonald’s.”
- Vacations, Holidays
- 3 Weeks’ Vacation –McDonald’s offers the employees a three weeks’ vacation. The vacations like holidays, sick leaves, personal time out, absence leaves, etc., are provided. Additionally, other flexible work arrangements make it possible for employees to balance their job and personal life.
- Summer Hours –A compressed workweek is followed during summers. McDonald’s offices end the work week on Friday.
- Sabbatical Programs –The employees can also have an eight-week paid sabbatical depending on their eligibility.
- Anniversary Splash to get an extra week of paid leave
- Leave Of Absence covers any leave due to personal emergencies, family or medical leave, adoption leave, funeral leave, etc.
- Child Care for parents and 10% discount on tuition fee of employees’ children
- Educational Assistance for student employees and they can get expenses reimbursed up to $5250 per year for grade C or above.
- Auto and Home Insurance Program
- International Fitness Club Network
When Does McDonald’s Offer A Raise To Employees?
There is not a set policy on how, when, where, and how much raise to offer by McDonald’s. Your pay raise solely depends on your location and store. Generally, the standard time frames when McDonald’s pay raises are experienced include:
- Every 6 Month
- Switching from one job to another(from a low-paid job to a high-paying job)
- Incentive pay or Target Incentive program pay based on the yearly performance reviews.
We have shared everything necessary to know before starting work at McDonald’s. We have shared the policy for payment, raise in salaries, pay and benefits, and everything else. We hope it will have cleared your doubts about McDonald’s pay and benefits. If you are starting to work at McDonald’s or already joining the company, you can know what to expect.